Since 2016, our NGO HechoxNosotros is recognized and benefited with the United Nations Special Consultative Status < ECOSOC Special Consultative Status >.
But we traveled a path of recognition and continuous work since 2008. We work with a network of representatives from each of the countries of Latin America, which was formed over the years and continues growing even more.
To name a few of our most important accomplishments:
- Hecho por Nosotros carries out a research center on the subject of sustainability and its environmental and social impact in the world, with emphasis on the situation in Latin America. Always on the lookout for current paradigm changes.
- Hecho por Nosotros supervises an Incubator program applied to young creators and emerging Latin American projects, as it seeks to multiply the opportunities and ethical alternatives for students and future fashion professionals.
- We are also part of a research and work team that studies the camelids in Latin America with "Proyectos Unidos" from the UN as well as being part of the United Nations Global Compact, which is a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles.
- We were always an active part of various events that promoted ethical fashion and fair trade, such as the Source Expo organized by the Ethical Fashion Forum (our ally), the Ethical Fashion Show, the Green Show.
- HxN received the first prize as the winner of the "Ashoka craft school program" in Salta (Argentina) in 2008 and competed with an empowering project which allowed to form 60 young artisans in Cafayate to become micro-entrepreneurs.
- In 2009, the NGO has won the Bid Network Women in Business Challenge headquartered in Amsterdam and in may 2009, we presented the textile works of more than 100 argentine artisans, historians, and designers who created their work under the parameters of ethical fashion, in the « Fashion for Development » Exhibition in New York (USA).
- From 2009 until today we work hand in hand with the Ethical Fashion Forum being one of the founding companies of "Expo Source" and attending to all the webinar sessions next to Tamsin Lejeune.
- Since 2009 we work in partnership with Isa Quehe in the Ethical Fashion Show and Universal Love.
- In 2010 we participated in various sustainable contests and international competitions, such as the UNESCO Program.
- In 2011 we could launch the Latin American Competition: Sustainability in Action, in order to link and associate local suppliers of ethical fabrics with major international markets.
- Since 2013, we are also partners of the organizations Ethical fashion Initiative and work together to establish a Cooperation Agreement.
- In 2016, in close collaboration with Universal Love, we’ve presented a conference about Latin Américan fibers during the last Cop22 in Marrakech at the occasion of the new Chart of Fashion engagement for Climate
During the last years, the NGO HechoxNosotros has been working in collaboration with numerous international institutions and organizations such as Universal Love, or Latin-American organizations as ECOTECE Brazilian association, and more than 40 worldwide referent fashion professionals who have been partners in the NGO's activities for long.
At the same time of all this, we've worked on projects in conjunction with several schools and universities. To name a few of the project we carried on:
- For many years we've been part of the Di Tella University, we were in the meeting 'Dialogue With Inclusive Business', organized by the inclusive business space belonging to this entity. The purpose of the meeting was to present the results of the '1st survey of actors and links of the NIs of the Argentina-SME profile', in the first instance, to the organizations that were part of the research and made it possible to do this study.
- We participated in an academic alliance with the design uUniversity of Palermo, in Buenos Aires(Argentina) organizing the "Fashion and identity contest", and UBA giving seminars of ethical fashion.
- We are continuously organizing webinars and supporting to ethical initiatives in Latin America